Saturday, June 06, 2009

Livestrong 2009

So, forgive me, I'm going to briefly use this space to shill, but it's for a good reason.

Email from my dad this morning:

Jamie, John & Missy:

I don't often put out special requests especially for Father's Day but this year I do have one. On Father's Day I am riding in the Livestrong Challenge in Seattle. I feel that the work done by the Livestrong Foundation in the fight against cancer is very important. I have had relatives, friends, and co-workers who have died from cancer. I am sure that you know someone who has died or is now bravely fighting cancer.

If you are considering a gift for me on Father's Day I would ask that you sponsor me instead. See the link to my personal page below. My participant name is Douglas Wenz Sr.
link


So if anyone else wanted to donate, I could totally beat my siblings at Father's Day AND do it for a good cause. Not really the goal, but I figure it's worth seeing if anyone else wanted to donate for a loved one or friend or dude you used to ride the bus with. I'm not usually one who days anything more than call on Father's Day and Mother's Day, but I am changing my tune this time.

No comments: