Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sometimes there's nothing better than a good cry...

Ok, I'm kidding. If you cry you're like, a total woman.

No, but really. Sometimes there's nothing better than putting on depressing music and just sort of swaying and smoking to it. Case in point: last night I went to a friend's house, and after watching some movies, drinking some beer, etc. suddenly it turned into "listen to Radiohead and sway depressingly" time. And it was great. Getting swept up into "How to Dissappear Completely" made me want to dissappear completely. Instead, I got tired and went home, though.

But once there, I felt the need to play a few depressing songs of my own.

So here, in that spirit, I present to all none of you readers a list of songs to sway depressingly to.

"Heroin" Velvet Underground
"Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect" The Decemberists
"Asleep" The Smiths
"I'm So Tired" The Beatles
"Rock n' Roll Ghost" The Replacements
"Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key" Wilco and Billy Bragg
"Shoot Out the Lights" Richard and Linda Thompson
"Underwear" Pulp
"Hold On" Tom Waits

No comments: